SGML documentation source

 I figure it's about time I joined the bleeding edge of documentation
formats. I need something that will render a decent troff manpage, but
it would also be nice if it delivered decent HTML and postscript. I've
had a look at the linuxdoc DTD in sgml-tools, but the manpage format
inside that appears a touch on the simplistic side (as in, it does
about as much as troff, and no more). I'm no great shakes with troff,
but the bare, minimal manpages that I've written seem to out-feature
the linuxdoc output... are there any alternatives? Or am I merely
doing something very wrong? The fact that there's no documentation for
the manpage style doesn't altogether help...

m.