Re: debian first in slashdot poll

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Steve Willer wrote:

 :
 : On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:
 :
 : >     Did I say it was an MS hack?  No.  I said it was *A* hack and, in my
 : > experience, only used within a Microsoft environment.  If I had meant to say
 : > it was an MS hack I would have said, "unless people really want to work with
 : > that MS hack."
 :
 : Okay, this is getting off topic, but heck...
 :
 : I'm curious why you would think DHCP is a hack (MS or not). Is it the
 : details of the protocol, or you don't like the concept of non-static IPs?
 : If it's the former, is there a better way than DHCP?

Anyone who's read the RFCs knows that DHCP is MORE useful in a non-MS
environment - the MS DHCP client doesn't implement much of the protocol
at all.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD