Re: new static uid/gid needed (ups)

Maybe I should add how it works:

On the machine to which the ups is connected via serial cable, two daemons
start at boot:

- <model>: hardware dependent, implements standard functions
- upsd: intermediates communication between <model> and other
        ups-monitoring clients (they differ - from simple ones, which just
print out ups stats, to upsmon, which runs all the time and if the battery
goes low, shutdowns the system; this one has to be root).

<model> & upsd doesn't need to be root, the desired id under which they'll
run can be configured before compilation.

--
jozef  :-)