new static uid/gid needed (ups)

Anybody responsible for static uid/gid?

I need 'ups' static uid/gid (0-99) for ups soft, which just sits on ttyS1
and shares some files - doesn't need to be root.

Either convince me that there's another way out of it (as using existing
ids - which ones?), or please help me get these two numbers assigned.

With no response to two previous requests, locally I've just taken 91, but
if I released it this way, you'd kill me, wouldn't you?

--
jozef  :-)