Re: sox without play ?

    Kohda> Since yesterday, my mail checker, which tells me new mail
    Kohda> by "play", became silent.
    Kohda>
    Kohda> I found there is no play command in sox. Is this bug of sox
    Kohda> or something changed ?
    Kohda>
    Kohda> Thanks in advance, 1999.8.25

    Nicolas> You can install the bplay package.

Why has this changed? 'play' from the sox package is depended upon by
many programs I use. 'bplay' used to only be able to play .wav
files; has this changed?

If not, 'play' should definitely return to the sox package. It's useful
because it figures out for itself how to play most esoteric sound file
types.

--
Brought to you by the letters B and C and the number 13.
"Well, I think Perl should run faster than C.  :-)"