Re: sox without play ?

    Kohda> Since yesterday, my mail checker, which tells me new mail
    Kohda> by "play", became silent.
    Kohda> I found there is no play command in sox. Is this bug of sox
    Kohda> or something changed ?
    Kohda> Thanks in advance, 1999.8.25
    Nicolas> You can install the bplay package.

Why has this changed? 'play' from the sox package is depended upon by
many programs I use. 'bplay' used to only be able to play .wav
files; has this changed?

If not, 'play' should definitely return to the sox package. It's useful
because it figures out for itself how to play most esoteric sound file

Brought to you by the letters B and C and the number 13.
"Well, I think Perl should run faster than C.  :-)"
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer of Gimp and GTK+ -- http://www.debian.org/