Re: mozilla M8, but compiled for slink

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 12:37:15AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> You can find mozilla .debs compiled for glibc2.0 (slink version) here:
>
> 	http://pandora.debian.org/~joy/slink/
>
> They worked on a mostly-slink system I tried them on.

	I have tried it on a pure slink system and it ran fine, apart from some initial
problems  I had.

	The problem was: It exited with code 1
	I have tried mozilla some time ago, so I still had a .mozilla directory from an
older version. Stracing the program I noticed It stopped after searching the entire registry
file. The fix was simply to remove the ~/.mozilla directory and restart it. It then created all
files it needed and ran fine.

> I guess I should put a recompiled libgtk1.2 and libglib1.2 there, too...
> tell me if anything else is needed.

	I am using the ones that came with the gnome slink compile. All is fine untill now.

	In fact it is so fine (apart from some segfaults) that I plan on using it as my
primary browser. It looks fine to surf the web and is much smaller than Communicator :)

Eduardo.