Re: Changes to the archive

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 10:26:13AM -0700, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 1999 at 02:11:00PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > Removed libwraster2 and libwraster2-dev, superseded by libwraster1
>                     ^               ^                              ^
> Is this right? A package superseeded by one with a name that doean't
> imply that! It's weird.

Yes, that's right:

  wmaker (0.60.0-1) unstable; urgency=low

    * Oops... this is going to be problematic.  I stupidly corrected'
      libwraster's libtool version on the last release.  That produced
      libwraster2.  But upstream didn't made this change.  Now the libtool
      version has been correctly changed wrt 0.53.0, but my fix wasn't
      incorporated.  That means libtool version is now 3:0:2, instead of
      3:0:1.  That produces libwraster1, not libwraster2.  This is
      technically wrong, but I'll stick to upstream's version.  Guy's gonna
      kill me... I submitted a bug asking for the removal of libwraster1
      from the archive.  Now I'll have to ask for the removal of libwraster2
      and have libwraster1 reincorporated into the archive.

   -- Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>  Thu,  3 Jun 1999 23:19:53 -0600

I fscked it up.  Every package affected has been fixed.

	Marcelo