Re: KDE - license issue

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 09:56:04AM +0300, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> [...] unless that component
> itself accompanies the executable. (GPL)
>
> If QT is included in Debian it is a major component of the OS like libc in
> Solaris?

Note what I quoted.  If QT is considered a major component of Debian (this
is not necessarily true - what is a major component?) then Debian cannot
invoke that clause, because the KDE executables would be accompanied
by Qt.  Everybody else could, though.

(This all has been hashed out in the past.  Please will somebody write
a Debian-KDE FAQ?)

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)