Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 04:04:53PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> This entire post is flamage, with absolutely no arguments of
> substance, or even sense.  If you want to be heard, perhaps you could
> explain yourself better, with less profanity?

"profanity", to use your quaint terminology, is sometimes necessary to
get a point across. unfortunately, some people are too stupid to see any
point when certain "bad" words are used.

the point is that making arbitrary changes to the default setup pisses
people off.

YOU people are the ones who want something different.  DON'T TRY TO
FORCE IT ON EVERYONE ELSE.

AND YES, I AM FUCKING SHOUTING BECAUSE THIS IS A POINT THAT HAS BEEN
MADE TO YOU GUYS AND THEN PROMPTLY FORGOTTEN SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE LAST
FEW DAYS.  NOT SURPRISINGLY, THIS IS STARTING TO GET FUCKING ANNOYING!

in plain and simple terms:

do whatever you like with your own systems, but DO NOT FUCK WITH THE
DEBIAN DEFAULTS.

craig

--
craig sanders