Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

Create a user with a shell that segfaults and try getting sash
by hitting their account. More extreme would be to create a user
with a shell that is a symlink to a non-existent file (the situation
recently under unstable where bash was removed). If the first of
these works I'd probably accept it; though I'd prefer it if the
second worked too since I just saw Debian create that situation
a week ago.

Michael Stone posted a good reason why ssh relies on your shell
to execute commands: in case you have assigned a user a restrictive
shell. So I would tend to view the reliance of sshd on your shell
as something other than a bug.

Justin