Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 20, 1999

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 10:34:29AM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> Also note that considering a trivially-solved compilation problem
> release-critical seems to be rather ridiculous to me.

It's not ridiculous.  Whether a bug is release-critical is determined by
it effect, not by how easy or hard it is to fix.  If it can be trivially
fixed, so much the better, but it still is release-critical.

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)