Re: Problems with tcl-8.0.5

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:19:09AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, David Engel wrote:
> > The problem is with the wordnet Tcl extension because it was written
> > for Tcl 7.6.  The attached patch fixes the obvious problems, but there
> > could very well be others.
> Thank you very much.  I have applied the patch and I'm rebuilding
> the package at this moment.  If it works I'll upload it soon.

You're welcome.  FYI, for Tcl/Tk problems, it is best to mail me
directly ot at @packages.debian.org since I don't always (usually)
read the Debian lists thorougly.

> Do I have to expect more problems because of the Tcl 7.6 -> 8.0
> switch?

It's hard to say.  There are always a lot of subtle changes in each
major version of TclTk.  FYI2, I am in the process of packaging Tcl/Tk
8.2 (to be ready in a day or two) so you may want to hold off and use
it instead of 8.0.

David
--
David Engel