Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Thursday, August 19, 1999, 8:12:47 AM, Marek wrote:
> I said it once, I'll say it once again - you are a moron and an idiot.
> static shell won't be pointed at by /bin/sh. /bin/sh will be, for example,
> your beloved /bin/bash. Did it finally get into your stupid, incredibly
> stupid brain?

    I will now quote Justin Wells, which is the text I was replying to.

Justin Wells Wrote:
> I prefer ash as /bin/sh as well, a statically linked one. I only argued for
> sash because it seemed more popular here, and I figured it was a reasonable
> compromise. If you are happier with a static ash as /bin/sh, then let's
> agree on that.

    Note, you illiterate prick, that he says he prefers ash as /bin/sh.  He
then goes on to say he prefers "a statically linked one."

    Now, what part of that first sentence says that bash would be linked to
/bin/sh?  None.  Which part says it is a separate ash elsewhere?  None.

    What is says is that he wants a statically linked ash as /bin/sh.  Which
is EXACTLY what I said I was refuting.

    BTW, I also pointed out I dislike bash.  See, Justin here is replying to
me saying I have ash linked to /bin/sh and, in the same paragraph that he is
replying to, how I have my shell set to zsh.

    So, are you going to try to tell me, once again, that it won't be a
statically linked ash?  Hmmm?