Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Thursday, August 19, 1999, 5:25:37 AM, Marek wrote:
> I think he imagines that ash will be in RAM all the time during the normal
> course of the server run. Well, if he read the entire thread he would know
> it's not true. But he knows better, I guess :))

    No, but it will be loaded each time that /bin/sh is called.  Now, what is
at the top of damn near ever script?

#!/bin/sh

    Hmmm.  Every time that someone runs a shell script, they will now be
hammered with an overhead of a statically linked sh.  How many shell scripts
are on a production machine?  :P