Re: [PROPOSAL] Archive audit, cruft removal, unmaintained packages

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Christian Hammers wrote:

> FTP maintainers are overworked, newmaintainer-staff is overworked...
> but the numbers of packages increases day by day !
>
> It seems to me as if we simply forgot to recruit enough new "administrative"
> maintainers. Maybe it would be better to make a "Call for Volunteers" to
> get some helping hands to these staffs.
> (Of course your proposal sounds good but isn't it the same as simply
> recruiting some more new ftp maintainers ?)

I'd be willing to volunteer for some of the administrative work, but I am
not yet a registered developer. Do you want my help? If so, where can I
find the latest new-maintainer procedure?

Remco
--
rd1936:  1:00am  up 62 days, 15:56,  6 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.27, 1.21