Re: history (Was Re: Corel/Debian Linux Installer)

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 07:51:31PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> On todays large harddrives, it seems insane to worry about not being able to
> use 100M or so of the harddrive, when it buys you so much insurance.  On ALL
> my harddrives, here is the scheme:
>
> /    128M
> swap 128M
> /var 128M
> /usr all the rest.

just a minor thing, if you want to make /usr shared or ro-mounted it is
better to place /home on var. This is also true if you use proxies and news
spools which take up huge amounts of free space. I also link /usr/src to my
home dir.

If I need to worry about logs i give them my own partition...

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --