Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 13, 1999

In article <19990813001507.A21296@master.debian.org> you wrote:

> Bug stamp-out list for Aug 13 00:03 (CST)

> Package: kforth (main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@rover.col.hp.com>
>   42708  kforth_1.0-1(unstable): is i386 specific

Oops.  Good point, fixed in -2, just uploaded.  I also fixed the maintainer
email to match my other packages.

> Package: tar (main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
>   42522  tar: -X is broken
>   42866  tar -X does not work

These were fixed in 1.13.6-1 uploaded a few days ago.  One should have been
closed already, the other was filed after the upload but before it hit the
mirrors.  I'm closing both now.

> Package: xawtv (main)
> Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
>   42827  xawtv makes devices in /

Probably calling makedev in the postinst without doing a cd to /dev first.  A
common mistake.  Trivial to fix.

Bdale