Re: local initialization (/root/setup.sh, /bin/setup.sh)

According to Julio:
> >Yes. Why not use the existing mechanism which works fine. I don't see
> >why you would want to duplicate this mechanism for no reason at all.
>
> Do you think is fine to install non-packaged software to /bin and /usr/bin
> (which work fine) as well? The point is that it's seems better to separate
> package installed files and user generated files whenever possible. Also,
> using other directories to hold local initialization files is unlikely to
> "duplicate" the current mechanism, and the effort to make it work would be
> very small.

If that is your opinion, then probably the best idea is to propose this on
the debian-policy list. Perhaps a /usr/local/etc/rc?.d proposal. That
would make the most sense.

Mike.
--
... somehow I have a feeling the hurting hasn't even begun yet
	-- Bill, "The Terrible Thunderlizards"