Re: weird behaviour with latest devscripts/dpkg-dev

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I was just building a package using `debuild'. The compile failed,
> but debuild kept building the package anyway!
>
> The build target failed, then the binary target failed, but it
> then tried to sign the changes file anyway (which did not exist).
> Can anyone tell me why this might be -- is there a bug
> in my rules file?
>
> make[2]: *** [LTKButtonDialog.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/local/src/packages/xpdf/xpdf-0.90/ltk'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/local/src/packages/xpdf/xpdf-0.90'
> make: [build] Error 2 (ignored)
                        ^^^^^^^^^

sounds like you have something like
	-make
in you makefile in rule build

"To ignore errors in a command line, write a `-' at the beginning of
 the line's text (after the initial tab)" -- from make info page

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok <cavok@freemail.it>
  --[ get my public pgp key at http://cavok.freeweb.org