RE: Server turned to sushi, please fix bash

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Harley Pebley wrote:

> >>I'm hearing nothing but grief from the Windows admins here in our
> >>office.
>
> So quiet them down a bit. Replace kernel32.dll (or comctl32.dll or
> use your imagination) on a later Win98 machine with one from an
> early Win95 and see how they do... ;)
anybody tried to copy command.com in system\kernl386.dll in win95?

wow, you get all VxD on (and long file names too) and a v86 shell.
protectmode enable. paging active. nothing runs anymore.

exit to return to... dos. hmm, this trick worked surely on win3.x don't
remember if it works with win9x. win 9x has not dos (..ehm..)

try it if you choose wrong OS in lilo next time

eh eh eh :)

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok <cavok@freemail.it>
  --[ get my public pgp key at http://cavok.freeweb.org