Mozilla M8 startup issues (was RE: Request for Mozilla Testers)

> > > I can tell you I have tried Mozilla M8-1 and M8-2 and
> > > neither would load on my machine. I received no error
> > > messages, but I can send you an strace if you want.
> > >
> > Were you connected when you tried to lauch it ?
>
> Yes, I have been working at an ISP over the summer and that
> is were I tried to
> connect from, why does it make much of difference?

First, delete your ~/.mozilla directory.

Second, if you are behind a firewall, Mozilla will not start
due to a known issue with proxy setup.  You can hand-edit
your netscape preferences file to use a proxy, but you have
to do it each time you launch, which is obviously not a
good solution.

-Brent