Re: What to do about bashisms?

At 13:33 +0200 1999-08-09, Michael Meskes wrote:
What do we do with bashisms? I just encountered some in /usr/sbin/systune.
It doesn't work correctly with sh=ash. Is this a bug?

It is a bug, policy states that scripts with #! /bin/sh must work with any POSIX-compliant shell[1]. A bug was filed by someone a while back, I replied with a one-line patch a few days ago to fix it.

[1] The Single UNIX Specification "Shell Command Language" document is exactly the same as the POSIX "Shell Command Language" section, AFAIK; <http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xcu/shellix.html>
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>