Re: ash vs. bash

Raul Miller wrote:
> Or, if you prefer to not have to explicitly use the "system"
> command every time you run an external program, use CPAN
> to install the Shell module...

Shell.pm can't handle commands like "./a.out" or "/sbin/foo" or even
"some-long-command-with-dashes". I also like shell-style pipes and
redirection..

I hope one day someone (maybe me) write a perl shell with these features.
Given what an ungodly mix of C and sed and etc perl already is, mixing shell
idioms like > redirection into the mix will make it a true monster, but I
think I'll enjoy using it. :-)

--
see shy jo