Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registere

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 01:24:11PM +0000, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> How about if x amount of signatures on your key where x could be something
> like 10 qualified you to be on the new-maintainer team?  The more your key
> has been signed, the more the Debian community trusts you right?

No.  Not right.  If I sign your key, it DOES NOT mean I trust YOU, it
just means that I trust that you are who you say you are.  It says
nothing about what I think of your character.

All you have to do to get a bunch of signatures is meet lots of
developers in person and show them your ID (roughly).

> You could also stipulate that some or all signatures have to be from
> developers in good standing for over a year, holders of Debian
> offices etc. etc.

This is more useful.

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu