Re: Proposal: Network configuration file format

        Hi

Rene> OK, after reading your repsonse I think I will drop my proposal
Rene> and try to make some patches to your working code.

        I would not drop it that fast, I mean: I've seen Anthony's
implementation, and it works, but the description language is somewhat
limited to be plain. Ok, the main problem is not the language, but the
structure.

        With your language proposal it may be made easier for parsers
(being something like XML) in config utilities to work with. In fact,
a parser for that language that generates an in-core tree structure
with everything it's seen in the file is quite easy to code.

        I don't say it should be migrated _now_ to the format you
proposed, but I'd ask not to drop it so fast.

--
                                                                -
                                                                -