Proposal: Network configuration file format, extension

What I forgot to say in may last post: I am designing the structure of
the configuration file at the moment, NOT the syntax. The activation
agent will be written as modular as possible so that somebody can
exchange the config file format. Then XML or a database could be used
for retrieving the data, or even better: the configuration management
proposal under http://www.debian.org/~wakkerma/config6/ (I like this
very much, but it is not ready now).

Please comment on the structure of the configuration data, the issue of
the syntax can be discussed afterwards. For the first version of the
activation agent I will use a flat file, but that can and will be
changed.

best greetings
Rene