Re: infomagic

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 03:06:41PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > If you cannot use the rescue disk to rescue the system because of the
> > difference in libc's, there's a problem ....
>
> Then we've always had a problem. Have you actually tried to run some program
> on your system using the libc on the boot disks? It doesn't work in most
> cases because that is a stripped down libc.

The essentials work.  And once the floppy image is loaded into RAM you can
replace it with a full libc without anything breaking.  Not so with slinks
disks using potato's libc...  This is something I've actually done and I
would be annoyed if I was no longer able.

Or possibly not, I have discovered the wonder that is sash since then.  =>

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3