Re: Release-critical Bugreport for July 30, 1999

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 04:10:54PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:

> Joseph Carter also wrote:
> > It's marked important because there is no way to mark a bug as "seperate
> > this bug from the lot of the rest on the BTS page under my name" and
> > because it risks some form of data corruption.  This is of course never
> > acceptable and is most certainly release critical.
>
> Well, consider me confused :-)  Which is it?

I mistyped the first time.  It should not be removed on freeze if I can't
close the bug before then, however the package DOES need another upload
(warning people of the problem) before release.  Once there is a warning
in the package about the feature being dangerous, I will downgrade the
bug.

Of course the time I have spent answering this mail because you are
dissatisfied with my use of the BTS for my packages could have better been
spent trying to write an insert() function for epic which would allow the
bug to be closed, not simply downgraded.  I don't mean to be short with
you about it but I _DO_ have my reasons for these things...

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3