Re: [Proposal] Forget PAM, stick with NSS

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 06:10:51PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Matt Ryan <matt@banana.org.uk> writes:
>
> > I'm a big fan of small dependancies for packages. I can't see any reason why
> > we should start PAMifing packages when AFAICS it only gives the same
> > functionality as the NSS part of glibc. I have setup libnss-ldap and it works
> > very well - why would I need PAM?
>
> Can nss fallback or use pam?
>
> Otherwise I will still need pam for afs? Since afs is not free,
> changing is probably impossible.

for a free afs try searching for arla....

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com,    http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org