Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian is not just about packages

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 06:13:24PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > >     Oliver> Would any of you who are clamouring to become maintainers
> > >     Oliver> like to consider documentation?
> > >
> > >  Wouldn't it be great if man pages got converted to texinfo?
> >
> > "great" is exactly the wrong word.
>
> I like manpages :)

I do too when I need to quickly look up what does some option mean, but not
if they have >50kb tutorials inside...

> and I hate every single one stating that there is no docs at all.

Solution: rm -f /usr/man/man7/undocumented.7.gz :)

> Using info means starting xemacs,

No it doesn't, you can still use 'info' or 'pinfo', and other viewers.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name