Menu#42051, you can help

Hi there.

I don't seem to be able to fix Bug 42051, reported on menu.
(Well, I could, but would be making menu worse). So, I would
very much like the help of the `general' public -- that's you.

Those who have menu-2.1.2-1 running, and do or do not experience
the problem of bug 42051 (update-menus simply hangs while dpkg
runs it), can help me solving the problem.

Please, visit
  http://joostje.op.het.net/menu/index.html

to see what I want to know about this problem, and what tests you
can run to help me fix this problem.

(If you don't have menu-2.1.2-1 installed, you can still help: just
install it:)

Thanks,
joostje