Re: infomagic

> You know, I don't mean to rain on your parade too
> much, but I've read 2
> messages from you on different subjects talking
> about Potato being
> released "soon"...
> Let me start by saying whoever told you this was
> POSSIBLE is on crack.
> Why can we not release "soon"?
>   * Our boot disks don't work anymore
>   * We need to fix the cdrom layout
>   * Potato's perl is inconsistant, at best
>   * We have almost THREE HUNDRED release critical
> bugs that must be fixed
>     prior to release
>   * The archive maintainers haven't had time to
> process the manual stuff
>     in incoming for what feels like ages but is
> probably more like a
>     couple of weeks
>   * dinstall seems to be broken/breaking
>   * Our mirrors are out of sync
>   * We need a reasonable testing period after we've
> fixed the above
> To everyone expecting a September release, WAKE UP!
> It's NOT going to
> happen.  It's NOT possible, not that soon.  I think
> if we shoot for having
> it out by the holidays it could be done, however
> we've seen what happens
> if it's not done by December---everyone goes on
> vacation and nothing gets
> done until February.  =p
I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea.  I knew damn well that a
september release had a snowball's chance in hell.  However someone out
there is posting debian vaporware for commerical distribution, I just
meant to report what I see.  Myself, I'm hoping to see 2.2 before Y2K
(please tell me that this at least is possible).
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....

Do You Yahoo!?