Re: [rules] "config:" -> "build:" -> "stage:" -> "binary:"

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 11:52:31PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 02:21:27AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Definitely. I am always annoyed by rules files that start to clean the
> > source when I want to continue on an interrupted target (while trying to
> > make it work on the Hurd). Ideally, we would just continue were we broke,
> > or, at least, start from a point that is not too time consuming.
>
> God, yes.  Think of X.

Ah right, I forgot to point Karl to the eamples of freaky rules scripts in
Debian.

Karl, take a look at the X rules (damn clean), gcc (cool, do a lot of
thinks), gdb (mutiple patches here, too), egcs (a bit messy, but does some
interesting things).

Thanks,
Marcus