Re: pam question

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Michael Stone wrote:

> I'm trying to compile xlockmore with pam support (it's already got an
> enable-pam option.) Doesn't work, though--pam_authenticate always
> returns 7 (auth failed.) Is there some way to find out _why_ it's
> failing? (And if this isn't the right debian list for such a question,
> which would be?)

Did you run it as root? If it cannot read /etc/shadow then it can't
auth. Look for pam_authenticate() in the source if the above is not
the case and gdb it.

| R Garth Wood                    | Storm Linux: Taking Linux by storm. |
| Stormix Technologies Inc.       | www.stormix.com                     |
| Senior UNIX Developer           |                                     |