Re: Freeze Goals -- WAS: September release

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 12:56:55AM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Michael Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 10:05:20AM -0500, Matthew R. Pavlovich wrote:
> > > Add your goal.
> > >
> > > Xfree 3.3.4
> >
> > If it's vapor, it's not worth delaying for.
>
> If it's released one day after Debian freezes, there will be a lot of
> complaints about shipping an 'old' version of XFree86 _again_.

Too bad. There are a lot of packages out there, why should everyone else
have to wait? If we hold up a couple of months for package x, someone
will then argue that we should wait another week or two for package y.
Then we'll have a month of shaking out bugs in both packages caused by
doing a quick upload to get things in under the wire. It's not worth
it--there's already a lot of new stuff in potato that deserves to get
released.

Mike Stone