Re: Postfix as default MTA?

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 07:06:08AM +0000, Alexander Koch wrote:

> On Mon, 12 July 1999 08:06:58 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > i don't have time to waste on clueless morons who fail repeatedly to

I felt much the same argueing against people did not had a close
look at postfix or any other MTA except exim. But they all were
pro-exim. This is not very objective so i gave up argueing but
did not write something.

> wtf?
> That was unneccessary.

Possibly

> Craig, you are not the self-proclaimed debian-mta-god alone.
> You using IMRSS (still?) tells all I needed to know to never
> argue with you at all since it is wasted effort.
> That's the other way round, not you wasting time on others.

You are falling into the same Strategie.

BTW: I see no loss of flexibility with changing to postfix. I see
a gain in performance, security and ease-of-configurability. So i would
like to see postfix as the default (It is already for my machines,
Mail Exchangers, UUCP-Gateways, News Server, Laptops etc)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)