Re: Translation of init scripts

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 06:11:11PM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:
> This weekend I sat over gettext thinking of translated
> initscript messages. This is a proposal for some practical
> solution

There's another thing that a colleague and I have been thinking about
that could benefit from the mass-rewrite of init.d scripts that your
proposal would need.

We would like to make a graphical bootup, a bit like the Macintosh does
where every subsystem displays an icon. Or perhaps like RedHat which I
think now displays a colored [ OK ] for every daemon started.

The point is to change the scripts in such a way that either their
output could be parsed (which should be possible now if they all were
policy compliant) or their output is generated by commands that can be
replaced by something more fancy.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed