Re: PGP versions and new developers

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 03:43:50PM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I'd like to become a debian developer and am a bit confused about
> which version of PGP I should start reading up on. 2.6, 5.x or GPG? I've
> seen a few posts on this list supporting all three versions. Could someone
> clear this up for me please?

Debian uses PGP 2.6.3.

I personally use GPG with the RSAREF module.  Using GPG with RSA keys is a
little more complex for the moment because the current version of dpkg-dev
is going to use the first key that matches your email address--­that'd be
your DSA key which dinstall can't understand yet.  Espy has a version of
dpkg with my patch to let you specify a keyid to use.