Re: ITP: Powertweak

John Lapeyre proclaimed:
> *Farzad Farid wrote:
> > The file PCI/parse_pci.c says:
> >  *      Can be freely distributed and used under the terms of the GNU GPL.
> >  *      *NB* No code or data-tables from Powertweak may be used in any profit
> >  *           making application (regardless of OS) without express permission.
> > Isn't this last statement incompatible with GPL or the DFSG?
>   Yes, it is incompatible.  I have seen this problem before. Perhaps the author
> can be persuaded to drop the clause. Otherwise, he should make it clear that
> he wants to use the GPL, but modified a bit.  He probably doen't really want
> this.

I have written to the upstream author asking him to change this.  Let us

 "Marge! Don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important
to learn. It's what seperates us from the animals...  Except the weasel."
                     -- Homer J. Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave