Source patches for packages

After just downloading another 20Mb of source from the archives on a
pay per minute line I was wondering if it would be possible to use
a patch system like the kernel use. Then apt-get source could see if you had
the original source package and merely patch it before building. This
would *greatly* reduce download times for upgardes (GREATLY!).

What do people think on this idea, and would it be possible?

Cheers!

--
John Travers

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us!"