How to select a package from group

Hello everyone,

I want to know how to select one package from the group
which has a relation "provide". This may be generic issue but
it is difficult for me to explain generally so let me explain
it with a concrete example.

To avoid confusion, I denote "lpr" for command name and for
package name I denote LPR and LPRng in the following.

I maintain a package in Debian JP which contains script and
the script uses lpr command in it. But a difference of options
for lpr of LPR and LPRng causes some trouble so I should make
a multi-package, one is for LPR and the other for LPRng.

Then I should set dependency for LPR only or LPRng only.
Note LPRng provides LPR.

I first think that the setting:

Recommends: lpr
Conflicts: lprng

will select only LPR but this causes self-contradiction :-)

Is there easy and reasonable method to select LPR only
(or LPRng only) in this situation ?

Thanks in advance,		1999.7.1

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>