Re: when move /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc ?

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 01:35:18PM +0200, Thomas Schoepf wrote:
> > So when are we going to start moving /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc so we can be
> > fully FHS compliant?  The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that
>
> Afaik, there's currently only a proposal to change our policy to FHS... as
> soon as FHS is adopted, I'll change my packages accordingly.

Policy 3.0.0.0 will include FHS finally.  I haven't looked at it closely
yet but /usr/doc/package/examples needs to be dealt with prior to moving
/usr/doc.  Come to think of it, can anyone provide a real example of
something arch dependant that belongs in the examples directory?

> (In fact I've already tried, but debhelper and lintian stopped me... ).

Both should be altered when the new policy is released.

2.3.1 has been released. Folks new to this game should remember that
2.3.* releases are development kernels, with no guarantees that they
will not cause your system to do horrible things like corrupt its
disks, catch fire, or start running Mindcraft benchmarks.
        -- Slashdot