Alternate inofficial logo

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 05:43:11PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:

> *Sigh*  Another one.  Look, we already voted.  I'm sorry you don't
> like the result, but it's what was chosen.  No choice is going to
> satisfy everyone, as everyone has different tastes.  Which is why we
> have a majority-rules vote instead of demanding a unanimous vote.

I have no problem with the swirl. I just do not like the now inofficial logo.
I don't like it wether it will be inofficial or official. When this pair was
voted on I did not care because I was only interested for the official logo.

Now I had to wear a T-Shirt with the inofficial logo on the LinuxTag and I did
not like it. I posted the original mail in the hope there are a lot of people
which like the swirl but not the derived inofficial logo. Look, I know we
voted. I know there is very little chance my mail to change anything.

But I had to try because I think the current result is bad for Debian. Sorry
if I got on your nerves but if I understand it correctly this will be our Logo
for a very long time.

> If we stop the current vote, then the bottle will remain the official
> Open Use logo, which I think is not what we want.  It doesn't sound
> like it's what you want.  So, I suggest that you vote *for* the swap.

I will vote neither against nor for the swap. Both results are bad. Either we
have a inofficial logo which sucks of we have an official logo that sucks.

> The time for new proposals is passed.  Long passed.  If you want to
> offer some *other* image for people to use, that's fine, but it's
> *not* going to be the actual Debian logo at this point.  It's too late
> for that.

Fine. Then everybody will ignore my mail. BTW: I did never read the voting
guidelines. I never thought the choices on a ballot will not satisfy me.
Perhaps I am getting to much interested in Debian.

cu
    Torsten