ITP: python-{graphite,piddle}

I intend to package PIDDLE and Graphite:

Graphite is an extension to Python that "will enable the easy creation
of scientific, engineering, and business graphs. Some graph types to
be included are line graphs, bar charts, function plots, polar plots,
parametric plots, and mesh plots. Graphite will be able to produce
output for formats such as postcript, pdf, gif, Windows, QuickDraw, Tk
by using the PIDDLE backend. It will also have interactive capability
(e.g., positioning labels and other overlays via the mouse or arrow
keys), and should run on any platform that supports Python."

"PIDDLE is a Python module for creating two-dimensional graphics in a
manner that is both cross-platform and cross-media; that is, it can
support screen graphics (e.g. QuickDraw, Windows, Tk) as well as file
output (PostScript, PDF, GIF, etc.). It makes use of the native 2D
drawing calls of each backend, for maximum efficiency and quality. It
works by defining a base class (piddle.Canvas) with methods for all
supported drawing primitives. A particular drawing context is provided
in the form of a derived class. PIDDLE applications will be able to
automatically select an appropriate backend for the user's
environment. Backends currently in development include Tk, Windows,
QuickDraw (MacOS), Postscript, and PDF."

(Quotes from the web pages.)

The readme files for both packages claim they are "open-source", but
there is no specific license.  I will email the author and ask him for
some specific text (I suspect it will probably be the Python core
license, which is basically "Do anything you want with it, but don't
blame me if it breaks." :-)

More info at:

http://www.strout.net/python/graphite/
http://www.strout.net/python/piddle/