Re: ITP: gettext-base

On Sun, Jun 27, 1999 at 03:21:00AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > Santiago Vila wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, I've done the math: A "gettext-base" package containing the
> > > /usr/bin/gettext binary, all the message catalogs, and just the required
> > > bits at /usr/doc/gettext-base has an approximate size of just 70K
> > > (compressed). This is considerably smaller than the 340K (compressed) of
> > > gettext in slink, so it may worth the effort to do the split.
>
> Santiago:
> It might possibly have been courteous to acknowledge that I had done
> the maths in multiple ways on this one and posted the results here
> already....

That would come dangerously close to acknowledging that someone else was
right about something, which is against Santiago's religion.

My religion holds only that Santiago is never right about anything, which
at least puts me in agreement with many more people.  :)

Wow, random .sig AI strikes again...

--
G. Branden Robinson              |       When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                 |       intellectual activity ceases.