Re: maint-doc and dh_make

Tomas Pihl writes:

> I spent some 4-5 hours yesterday with the same problem. I just
> couldn't get the thing to work (v0.12). It produced faulty
> rules-files etc. I then stumbled upon `debmake' (3.5.20 from
> unstable) which did everything I wanted.

I noticed the same thing; dh_make used to produce much more verbose
templates for the debian/* files. Is this an intentional change? for
example, when I ran it on a package last week, the debian/changelog
generated looked like...

xap (0.7.7-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Initial release.

   -- Decklin Foster <decklin@home.com>  Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:13:24 -0400

Local variables:
mode: debian-changelog
End:

This all being information you could generate automatically, of
course. Last time I tried it it just made a line of the form "mode:
debian-changelog". Someone, tell me I should file a bug... ;)

--
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/
The Web is to graphic design as the fax machine is to literature.