Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Tuesday 22 June 1999, at 20 h 27, the keyboard of "J.H.M. Dassen"
<jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> That's Realpolitik. At this moment, we employ a small set of non-free
> packages for which there is no free alternative yet. Yes, we should not be
> using them, but the world isn't ideal yet.

Remember that the purpose of the discussion on debian-vote is NOT to discuss
wether Debian should or should not use non-free software on its servers. Use
of such programs is just a reason I gave to vote against the proposal. So, we
agree :-)

The discussion is there to discuss Wichert's proposal to harden measures we
take "against" non-free software. If the world is not ideal, we should not
try, IMHO, to keep users away from non-free software.