Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Monday 21 June 1999, at 23 h 30, the keyboard of Wichert Akkerman - Debian
project leader <leader@debian.org> wrote:

> I already mentioned a while ago that I think that the distinction
> between main and contrib & non-free is becoming less clear, both
> to users and developers.
> I. Create a new host, nonfree.debian.org and move non-free and contrib
>    there and ask our mirrors if they can consider also mirroring that.

I suggest also to purge master of non-free software, if we are really serious about free software purity:

#37143 www.debian.org: Should use a free search engine.

And master still uses qmail :-(