Re: 2.2.10 and masquerading.

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Daniel Burrows wrote:

[snip]
>   It works here so there is a way to do it :-)
>
>   To enable it in the kernel config you have to turn on firewalls and IP
> defragmenting first I think.  You also have to echo 1 to something deep in
> /proc to enable forwarding and fiddle with ipchains to activate masquerading
> (I use systune and /etc/init.d/network for this)
>
>   More information is available from the kernel help (in 'make menuconfig' or
> 'make xconfig') or from the IP-Masquerading mini-HOWTO..

Thanks, but my problems seem not to be resolved regarding sound... after
running x11amp for 7 or 8 minutes, I got another lockup. so its back to
2.0.36 for me.

Although I do seem to remember now that there was something about a /proc
file. Thanks again, but well, not much point for me.

                     Michael Beattie (mike@omnic.dhis.org)

    CPU's dont tend to work very well after their "magic smoke" has escaped.