Re: FTP site dependencies

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 09:50:13PM +0930, Ron wrote:
> > Is there any chance of altering the installation routines on master so that
> > packages only get installed if their dependencies can be met? It's annoying
> > downloading file only to discover that depend on something that hasn't got
> > in yet.
>
> This sounds to me more like something that the package manager should
> handle locally..  dselect's dependancy screens usually do a pretty good job
> of warning about this sort of thing..

No, this is not something which will affect the end users' systems but
the archive. Adrian suggests that if packages are uploaded, they should
not be put in the archive until everything they depend on is already
in the archive or has also just been uploaded. So the archive will always
be consistent.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).